There are countless benefits of going vegan when it comes to your diet. It:
- Promotes weight loss
- Helps remove toxins from the body
- Avoid you getting many diseases
- Keeps your blood sugar levels in check
- Help you avoid the constant slaughter of animals.
But this does not mean that you won’t come across some great recipes in both the savory and the dessert section. Here is a great banana ice cream recipe that everyone will love.
You will need:
- Bananas frozen (1)
- Cocoa powder (1 tsp)
- Chocolate chips (half a cup or more)
- Clean out a blender and dry it out completely.
- Cut the bananas into small pieces and put them into the blender along with the mentioned amount of cocoa powder.
- Blend the concoction until it is completely smooth and has no lumps inside it.
- In the end when you are sure there are no lumps take out the mixture in a bowl and add chocolate chips.
- Take out clean serving bowls and pour out the mixture in them.
- Serve immediately or if you have guests coming out later you can keep the mixture frozen and serve it when required.
For amazing results, you can top the ice cream with chocolate wafers, sliced fruits, nuts, fruit, and seed yogurt. Sprinkle some confetti for the children. This dessert is perfect for giving you that boost of energy as well as great nutrition. It is a healthy snack for children that you can keep on your menu at all times. To play around with the recipe a little bit, you can even experiment with a large variety of fruits. Mangos, kiwis, strawberries, and pineapple can be great alternatives to the banana you added.
This recipe is not only a great vegan alternative but also gluten-free and dairy-free. If you choose to have the yogurt alongside, you are boosting the nutritional value of the whole recipe.
It is a favorite of my children during summertime. My eldest son even helps to put all the ingredients together.